Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Low Carbs for 2 Weeks...

For 2 weeks prior to surgery, I'm supposed to go with 60 carbs or less a day.  This sounds like an easy thing to do unless your me... I love carbs!!!  You really never realize how many carbs are in each little thing you eat.  I found myself with nothing really to eat so off to Walmart I went.  Managed to find some things that were either low carb or no carb.  Pretty much got whole wheat bread, a extremely low carb pita bread, roast beef, cheese, grapes and sugar free Jello.  Tried finding some soups too that weren't bad.  Hopefully this will kick start my lose so that when the surgery happens... it will just melt away.  OK... wishful thinking but hopefully it works.  Now to get these kids to stop eating candy so it's not in the house... now that is wishful thinking. LOL!

I am starting to get nervous of the surgery now... thinking how I will never be able to eat certain things ever again that I enjoy eating.   I know within days of my surgery too, I will already be tempted with Emily's birthday being the weekend after.  Ahhhh birthday cake!  Think I'll get her a chocolate one so I don't care to eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Just throw the candy out, which I know is easier said than done. I've asked Alex to do this for me and he won't. What was I thinking even asking? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap, throw out or get the stuff you cannot eat OUT OF SIGHT! I found if it wasn't in my line vision, I was less apt to go for it. I was such a b*tch that my husband didn't eat for 2 weeks because he felt so bad...You'll adjust.

    Have you found a protein drink you like??? I'm still looking 2.5 years later!

    ReplyDelete